The Stockbrokers and Investment Advisers Association’s (SIAA’s) RG146 accredited courses are uniquely designed for those in the securities and derivatives industry.
They set the standard that employers, regulators, and the investing public expect from individuals who are employed within this industry, offering training for licensees and advisers who:
- provide general advice in Derivatives, Securities, Managed Investments, Foreign Exchange or Superannuation
- are already listed on the Financial Advisers Register and wish to add an additional RG146 specialist knowledge area to their existing credentials
- and Licensees whose representatives provide advice to wholesale clients (Optional under RG146.35)
They also meet the requirements for Market Participants in relation to DTR training. Download the flier.
For each course completed, individuals will receive RG146 Certificate of Completion and Professional Standards Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours. Professional Standards education requirements must be completed by 1 January 2026 by any adviser providing personal financial advice to retail clients.
SIAA’s RG146 accredited courses
Core 1: Securities & Managed Investments
Securities & Managed Investments
Accredited Derivatives Adviser - Level 1 (ADA1)
Accredited Derivatives Adviser Level 2 (ADA2)
|Course||Enrolment Fees||Assessment details||Suggested Study Hours per Course|
|Core 1 – Securities and Managed Investments|
$790 Ind. Member
|1 x Assignment|
1 x Online Exam
|Allow up to 150 hours|
|Securities and Managed Investments||$590 Ind. Member|
$590 Org. Member
|1 x Online Exam||Allow up to 120 hours|
|Fundamentals of Securities||$490 flat price||1 x Online Exam||Allow up to 90 hours|
|Accredited Derivatives Adviser Level 1 (ADA1)||$370 Ind. Member|
$380 Org. Member
1 x Assignment
|Allow up to 150 hours|
|Accredited Derivatives Adviser Level 2 (ADA2)||$320 Ind. Member|
$330 Org. Member
|1 x Online Exam||Allow up to 150 hours|
|Foreign Exchange||$470 Ind. Member|
$490 Org. Member
|1 x Online Exam||Allow up to 90 hours|
|Margin Lending||$370 Ind. Member|
$370 Org. Member
|1 x Online Exam |
|Allow up to 90 hours|
For Market Participants
How does the process work?
Kaplan Professional has partnered with SIAA to provide RG146 accreditation for our courses. These courses are administered by SIAA and our certificates of RG146 accreditation issued upon completion are jointly distributed with Kaplan Professional. Enrolments close at 3.00pm every Monday Sydney time.
- Candidate enrols online/registration is received.
- Candidate receives Welcome email from SIAA on Tuesday with accreditation information/study materials.
- Candidate completes and returns ‘Exam Booking Form’ to schedule their exam day/time. This must be done at least 3 days prior to exam.
- SIAA releases exam/closes exam at designated day/time.
- The Candidate’s approved Supervisor supervises exam and returns the ‘Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor’ to SIAA. Results will not be released until SIAA has received the completed ‘Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor’.
- Candidate receives result (results are released within 1 working day). Candidate receives Certificate (Certificates are issued end of each month).
Please ensure that the course you intend to enrol in is one you are required to undertake and are committed to completing, as fees are non-refundable. Substitutes are welcome within the enrolment period.
Please go to each course page to enrol directly online.
Academic Misconduct Policy (individuals who enrol in a SIAA course are bound by our Academic Misconduct Policy)
All enquiries & applications should be directed in the first instance to:
Stockbrokers and Investment Advisers Association (ABN 91 089 767 706)
Level 2, 74 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 8080 3200
Email: [email protected]
Enrolments close at 3.00pm every Monday Sydney time.