Practitioner membership is open to suitably qualified professionals in the securities, derivatives and investment advice industry. A person will be eligible to apply for Practitioner membership if they:
- can demonstrate that they are a fit and proper person
- can meet SAFAA’s knowledge and skills requirements
- commit to all applicable CPD requirements
- undertake to abide by SAFAA’s Code of Conduct
- agree to be subject to SAFAA’s Conduct Review & Disciplinary System.
There are two Practitioner Membership categories.
Practitioner member (MeSAFAA)
Master Practitioner member (MSAFAA)
If you are an employee of a Principal member of SAFAA, a fast-track application process is available, as SAFAA is able to rely upon the imprimatur of the Principal member.
If you are not an employee of a Principal member, you will need to have two current SAFAA Practitioner members propose and second your application for membership and provide a National Police Check – less than two (2) years old, as well as fulfilling other requirements.
SAFAA’s Profession Committee and its Board of Directors approve all membership applications.
See our Practitioner member benefits flyer