The Foreign Exchange (FX) course is designed to develop an understanding of the environment in which the products operate and the financial products themselves. This is not just for advisers but also for advisory staff who deal with wholesale clients – not institutions, but high net worth individuals who would be classed as sophisticated investors and who deal in some of the products that would not normally be traded by retail investors – such as spot transactions, forwards and currency options. The FX course covers FX markets, FX exchange products, taxation, and compliance.
For experienced practitioners it is an opportunity for a useful refresher for the purposes of CPD.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The Foreign Exchange course provides 10 FASEA CPD hours to candidates. See breakdown for FASEA areas:
|FASEA CPD Area|
|Technical competence||5 hours|
|Regulatory compliance and consumer protection||4 hours|
|Total Hours||10 hours|
The FX course covers the areas of:
- FX markets
- FX exchange products
Who should complete the course?
The course is ideal for advisers with retail clients and advisory staff that also deal with wholesale clients – not institutions.
Is there any assumed pre-requisite knowledge ?
There is no assumed knowledge for this course.
Please ensure that the course you intend to enrol in is one you are required to undertake and are committed to completing, as fees are non-refundable. Substitutes are welcome within the enrolment period.
1 x Online Exam (Closed Book, 40 questions, 1.5hrs + 15min reading time, 80% passmark)
Suggested study hours
Allow up to 90 hours
How does the process work?
Courses are administered by the Stockbrokers and Financial Advisers Association (SAFAA). Enrolments close at 3.00pm every Monday Sydney time.
- Candidate enrols online/registration is received.
- Candidate receives Welcome email from SAFAA on Tuesday with course information/study materials.
- Candidate completes and returns ‘Exam Booking Form’ to schedule their exam day/time. This must be done at least 3 days prior to exam.
- SAFAA releases exam/closes exam at designated day/time.
- The Candidate’s approved Supervisor supervises exam and returns the ‘Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor’ to SAFAA. Results will not be released until SAFAA has received the completed ‘Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor’.
- Candidate receives result (results are released within 1 working day). Candidate receives Certificate (Certificates are issued end of each month).
Organisation Member: $490.00
Practitioner Member: $470.00
Foreign Exchange Online Exam Remote Supervision
Organisation Member: $75.00
Practitioner Member: $75.00
Foreign Exchange Online Exam Resit
Organisation Member: $250.00
Practitioner Member: $250.00
Please go to each course page to enrol directly online.
- Application to be an Online Exam Supervisor (to be completed and returned by new Supervisors)
- Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor (to be completed and returned by Supervisors following supervision of a candidate’s online exam)
SAFAA Exam Booking Form (to be completed and returned by candidate at least 3 days prior to them sitting their online exam)
Enrolments close at 3.00pm every Monday Sydney time.
Please note that SAFAA courses are not delivered by an RTO but wholly administered by the Stockbrokers and Financial Advisers Association. While the content and learning outcomes have not changed, and content continues to be updated, for those seeking compliance under RG146 it is recommended that you check with your licensee.