We are committed to championing and empowering the profession to thrive by providing a voice, education and community.
Practitioner membership is open to suitably qualified professionals in the securities, derivatives and investment advice industry.
A person will be eligible to apply for Practitioner membership if they:
- can demonstrate that they are a fit and proper person
- can meet SAFAA’s knowledge and skills requirements
- commit to all applicable CPD requirements
- undertake to abide by SAFAA’s Code of Conduct
- agree to be subject to SAFAA’s Conduct Review & Disciplinary System.
There are two Practitioner Membership categories:
- Master Practitioner member (MSAFAA)
To be eligible, you must have spent at least seven (7) of the last 10 years in an advising, operations or management capacity with one or more Market Participants or a Principal member of SAFAA.
- Practitioner member (MeSAFAA)
To be eligible, you must have employment experience providing professional advice and/or services in an operations or management capacity within the stockbroking and financial advisory industry, and that advice must be focused on securities, both listed and unlisted.
If you are an employee of a Principal member of SAFAA, a fast-track application process is available, as SAFAA is able to rely upon the imprimatur of the Principal member.
If you are not an employee of a Principal member, you will need to have two current SAFAA Practitioner members propose and second your application for membership and provide a National Police Check – less than two (2) years old, as well as fulfilling other requirements.