The Stockbrokers And Financial Advisers Association of Australia offers Accredited Derivatives Adviser Level 1 (ADA1) and Accredited Derivatives Adviser Level 2 (ADA2) accreditations.
Accredited Derivatives Adviser Level 2 (ADA2) complies with the requirement set out in Part 2.4 of the ASIC Market Integrity Rules (ASX Markets) 2010 for the accreditation of advisers who advise on derivatives traded on the Australian Securities Exchange.
Advisers accredited at ADA2 level are allowed to advise on:
- Writing options (other than for the purposes of closing out a taken position, or writing covered calls)
- Taking or writing LEPOs.
Who should complete the accreditation?
The accreditation is developed for individuals who are financial advisers and who have completed ADA1.
Is there any assumed pre-requisite knowledge?
Attendees must successfully complete ADA1 before enrolling in ADA2.
Note: Candidates may complete ADA1 and ADA2 at the same time. However, they must complete ADA1 successfully before enrolling in ADA2 separately. Candidates have twelve (12) months to complete ADA1 and ADA2 when enrolling at the same time (not three (3) months as per single accreditation enrolments)
1 x Online Exam (Closed Book, 50 questions, 2hrs + 15 min reading time, 80% pass mark)
Suggested study hours
Allow up to 150 hours
How does the accreditation process work?
Accreditations are administered for us by Western Sydney University RTO (WSU RTO), a division of Western Sydney University
- Candidate enrols online/registration is received
- Candidate receives Confirmation email from SAFAA acknowledging enrolment, and that WSU RTO will send details the following Monday
- Candidate receives Welcome email from WSU RTO on Monday PM with all accreditation information/materials
- Candidate completes and returns Exam Booking Form to book in their exam day/time. This must be done at least 2 days prior to exam
- WSU RTO releases exam/closes exam at designated day/time
- The Candidate’s approved Supervisor supervises exam, and returns the Declaration by Exam Supervisor to WSU RTO
- Candidate receives result (results are issued end of each day). Candidate receives Certificate (Certificates are issued end of each month, following receipt of Declaration by Exam Supervisor).
Will participants receive any CPD points for completing the accreditation?
Yes, candidates who successfully complete the accreditation receive CPD for twenty (20) hours (Generic, Securities and/or Derivatives, and includes up to 8 hours of Compliance CPD).
$320 Individual Member
$330 Organisation Member
Accredited Derivatives Adviser Level 1 & 2 (ADA1 & ADA2):
$690 Individual Member
$710 Organisation Member
Enrolment form (to be completed and returned by candidates who are not enrolling online via this website)
- Application to be a Supervisor (to be completed and returned by new Supervisors)
- Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor (to be completed and returned by Supervisors following supervision of a candidate’s online exam)
SAFAA/WSU RTO Exam Booking Form (to be completed and returned by candidate at least 2 days prior to them sitting their online exam)