The Stockbrokers And Financial Advisers Association’s Foreign Exchange (FX) Accreditation is designed not only for advisers with retail clients, but advisory staff that also deal with wholesale clients – not institutions, but high net worth individuals who would be classed as sophisticated investors and who deal in some of the products that would not normally be traded by retail investors – such as spot transactions, forwards and currency options. The FX Accreditation covers FX markets, FX exchange products, taxation, and compliance.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The Foreign Exchange Accreditation provides 10 FASEA CPD hours to candidates. See breakdown for FASEA areas:
|FASEA CPD Area|
|Technical competence||5 hours|
|Regulatory compliance and consumer protection||4 hours|
|Total Hours||10 hours|
The FX Accreditation covers the areas of:
- FX markets
- FX exchange products
Advisers who provide advice on foreign exchange must meet training requirements under Regulatory Guide 146 Licensing: Training of financial product advisers (RG 146). Foreign exchange is classed as a Tier 1 product in RG 146.
RG146: This accreditation meets the training requirements under ASIC Regulatory Guide RG146 in specialist knowledge for Foreign Exchange at a Tier 1 level. Regarding RG146 CPD, candidates may claim 10 hours of CPD in Generic, Securities and/or Foreign Exchange, and including up to 8 hours of Compliance CPD for completing Foreign Exchange Accreditation.
Who should complete the accreditation?
The accreditation is ideal for advisers with retail clients and advisory staff that also deal with wholesale clients – not institutions.
Is there any assumed pre-requisite knowledge ?
There is no assumed knowledge for this accreditation.
1 x Online Exam (Closed Book, 40 questions, 1.5hrs + 15min reading time, 80% passmark)
Suggested study hours
Allow up to 90 hours
How does the accreditation process work?
Accreditations are administered for us by Western Sydney University The College RTO (The College), a division of Western Sydney University. Please note: enrolments close at 3.00pm every Thursday Sydney time.
- Candidate enrols online/registration is received
- Candidate receives Confirmation email from SAFAA acknowledging enrolment, and that WSU The College will send details the following Friday
- Candidate receives Welcome email from WSU The College on Friday with all accreditation information/materials
- Candidate completes and returns Exam Booking Form to book in their exam day/time. This must be done at least 2 days prior to exam
- WSU The College releases exam/closes exam at designated day/time
- The Candidate’s approved Supervisor supervises exam, and returns the Declaration by Exam Supervisor to WSU The College
- Candidate receives result (results are issued end of each day). Candidate receives Certificate (Certificates are issued end of each month, following receipt of Declaration by Exam Supervisor).
Enrolment form (to be completed and returned by candidates who are not enrolling online via this website)
- Application to be an Online Supervisor (to be completed and returned by new Supervisors)
- Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor (to be completed and returned by Supervisors following supervision of a candidate’s online exam)
SAFAA/WSU The College Exam Booking Form (to be completed and returned by candidate at least 2 days prior to them sitting their online exam)
Enrolments close at 3.00pm every Thursday Sydney time.