Margin lending providers must ensure that their representatives are adequately trained and competent. Margin lending is intended to provide specialist knowledge training for understanding margin lending facilities.
Margin Lending introduces the concepts of margin lending. It covers how to analyse, evaluate and choose margin loans and gearing strategies, and understand managing risk.
This course fulfils the training requirements set out in RG146 for the training of those providing general advice on margin lending at Tier 1 level.
For experienced practitioners it is an opportunity for a useful refresher for the purposes of CPD. It is intended to provide specialist knowledge training for advisers working with margin lending facilities.
If claiming FASEA CPD, this course provides 10 FASEA CPD hours, the breakdown as follows: Technical competence 5 hours | Regulatory compliance and consumer protection 4 hours | General 1 hour.
The Margin Lending course covers the areas of:
- Margin Lending
- Alternative means of achieving geared exposure
- Tax deductibility of the interest
- Franked dividends
- Capital Gains Tax
- Compliance topics
Who should complete the course?
This course is designed for those seeking RG146 compliance to provide general advice in the Tier 1 financial product area of margin lending. This course is also useful to those advisers who wish to add an additional RG146 specialist knowledge area to their existing credentials.
1 x Online Exam (Open or Closed Book, 40 questions, 1.5hrs + 15min reading time, 80% pass mark)
Suggested study hours
Allow up to 90 hours
Is there any assumed pre-requisite knowledge?
There is no assumed knowledge for this course. Students are likely to have completed Core 1: Securities and Managed Investments prior to studying a specialisation. It is the licensee’s responsibility to ensure that their staff have the required requisite knowledge for their role.
How does the process work?
Kaplan Professional has partnered with SAFAA to provide RG146 accreditation for our courses. These courses are administered by SAFAA and our certificates of RG146 accreditation issued upon completion are jointly distributed with Kaplan Professional. Enrolments close at 3.00pm every Monday Sydney time.
- Candidate enrols online/registration is received.
- Candidate receives Welcome email from SAFAA on Tuesday with course information/study materials.
- Candidate completes and returns ‘Exam Booking Form’ to schedule their exam day/time. This must be done at least 3 days prior to exam.
- SAFAA releases exam/closes exam at designated day/time.
- The Candidate’s approved Supervisor supervises exam and returns the ‘Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor’ to SAFAA. Results will not be released until SAFAA has received the completed ‘Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor’.
- Candidate receives result (results are released within 1 working day). Candidate receives Certificate (Certificates are issued end of each month).
Please ensure that the course you intend to enrol in is one you are required to undertake and are committed to completing, as fees are non-refundable. Substitutes are welcome within the enrolment period.
Organisation Member: $280.00
Practitioner Member: $280.00
Margin Lending Online Exam Remote Supervision
Organisation Member: $75.00
Practitioner Member: $75.00
Margin Lending Online Exam Resit
Organisation Member: $250.00
Practitioner Member: $250.00
Please go to each course page to enrol directly online.
- Application to be an Online Exam Supervisor (to be completed and returned by new Supervisors)
- Declaration by Online Exam Supervisor (to be completed and returned by Supervisors following supervision of a candidate’s online exam)
SAFAA Exam Booking Form (to be completed and returned by candidate at least 3 days prior to them sitting their online exam)
Academic Misconduct Policy (individuals who enrol in a SAFAA course are bound by our Academic Misconduct Policy)
Enrolments close at 3.00pm every Monday Sydney time.