Members join the Association because they care about the future of the industry.
The Association has both Principal and Practitioner Members.
Principal Members are Market Participants and advisory firms which provide securities and investment advice, executions services and equity capital-raising for Australian retail and wholesale investors and businesses.
Practitioner Members are suitably qualified professionals in the securities, derivatives and investment advice industry.
The Association advocates for ethical, efficient and stable listed equity and debt markets in Australia, distilling the views of members into cohesive advice for regulators and government.
The Association also provides practitioner-led professional development for members, university-accredited education for the profession and is an accredited tax (financial) adviser association for the purposes of the Tax Agents Services Act 2009 (TASA).
Opportunity to shape the industry
The Association provides members with an opportunity to come together with their peers to shape the future of the industry. Members contribute by serving on the Association’s industry committees and working groups.
Our strong ties with government and regulators in financial services position us as the collective voice of our members.
We maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders.
We assist in the development and promotion of better laws and regulation.
Education – high professional standards
Finance professionals can accelerate their careers with leading postgraduate courses. Developed jointly by SAFAA and Western Sydney University’s highly regarded Sydney Graduate School of Management (SGSM), we offer the:
- Master of Stockbroking and Financial Advising
- Graduate Diploma of Stockbroking and Financial Advising
- Graduate Certificate of Stockbroking and Financial Advising
We support our members with a high calibre program of continued professional development (CPD) designed to enhance their knowledge and skills and meet their ongoing CPD requirements. Presented by leading experts, we offer:
- Industry accreditation and training programs
- annual conference—the flagship event to equip stockbrokers and financial advisers to embrace technological, social and regulatory change
- an accredited tax (financial) adviser Association for the purposes of the Tax Agents Services Act 2009 (TASA)All programs are developed by the industry for the industry.
- Members access to free CPD webinars
The Association maintains a CPD store for members with details of the many thousands of education and training courses undertaken by them, going back to 2001.