The Stockbrokers and Financial Advisers Association Core 1 Securities & Managed Investments Accreditation provides candidates with the specialist knowledge and skills necessary to provide financial product advice to retail clients in Securities and Managed Investments.
The Core 1 Securities & Managed Investments Accreditation focuses on the relevant market participants, product types, characteristics and applications. Attendees will walk away with a solid understanding of the following:
- Asset classes and their use in investment portfolios.
- Investment manager styles and the use of alternative investment strategies and benchmarks.
- Introduced to basic techniques for analyzing product performance and making investment and trading decisions in relation to product types.
- The benefits and risks associated with the different securities and managed investment products.
- The regulatory and taxation issues affecting the use of securities and managed investment products.
The Core 1 Securities & Managed Investments Accreditation will also introduce candidates to the skills requirements for retail client advisers under ASIC RG146 requirements. Candidates learn techniques for identifying and analysing client needs and objectives, developing a client risk profile, conducting relevant research and developing appropriate investment strategies to meet client’s needs using securities and managed investment products.
For experienced client advisers, this section of the Core 1 Securities & Managed Investments Accreditation provides a useful refresher in preparation for the Statement of Advice to be completed as part of the assessment.
Who should complete the accreditation?
The Core 1 Securities & Managed Investments Accreditation s aimed at individuals who are just starting out in the industry and are looking to become client advisers or financial advisers.
1x Assignment (80% pass mark)
1 x Online Exam (Closed Book, 60 questions, 2 hrs + 15 min reading time, 70% pass mark)
Suggested study hours
Allow up to 150 hours
Is there any assumed pre-requisite knowledge?
There is no assumed knowledge for this accreditation.
Will participants receive any CPD points for completing the accreditation?
Yes. Candidates who successfully complete the accreditation will receive twenty (20) hours of CPD (Generic, Securities and/or Managed Investments, and includes up to 8 hours of Compliance CPD).