Find out the latest in what Market Manipulation and Other Prohibited Conduct is all about, with workshops scheduled for Tuesday 2 February 2021 from 1.00pm to 3.15pm including a 15 minute break.
This updated 2-hour workshop will examine what constitutes market manipulation and other prohibited market conduct. This workshop will involve a mix of presentation and scenario-based discussion. It is designed to suit the needs of financial market professionals from the front and back office.
Attendees will walk away with a solid understanding of the following:
- Different types of market manipulation (including: market rigging, false trading, wash sales, pre-arranged trading, pools/churning, ‘spoofing’)
- False/misleading statements, ‘rumourtrage’
- The specific obligations in the Corporations Act and ASX Rules
- The difference between manipulation and ordinary market forces
- How to protect yourself
- Major cases and ‘War Stories’
- Consequences of Market Manipulation, including civil, criminal and administrative sanctions
- Surveillance and enforcement activity (ASX, ASIC and internal compliance)
Who should attend the workshop?
This workshop will benefit those new to the stockbroking industry who wish to gain an understanding of markets. The audience may include: Sales staff/client representatives, Proprietary traders, DTRs, Equities Research analysts, Investment banking, Settlement staff, Compliance and Legal.
Is there any assumed pre-requisite knowledge for attendees?
There is no assumed knowledge for participants of this workshop.
The Market Manipulation & Other Prohibited Conduct workshop provides 2 FASEA CPD hours to candidates.
FASEA CPD Areas 2.0 hours
1.0 hour Regulatory compliance and consumer protection
1.0 hour Professionalism and ethics
ASIC Knowledge Requirements
2.0 hours Generic knowledge
Handouts will be provided.
For more information
Telephone 02 8080 3200