This 2-hour workshop covers the main types of warrants traded on the ASX, with a particular focus on equity trading warrants and instalments. Basic warrant pricing will be discussed, and the role of the warrant issuer will be explained.
The workshop is based on face-to-face learning and involves a mix of presentation, case studies and scenario-based discussion.
At the conclusion of the workshop, attendees should be able to:
- Explain the difference between trading and investment-type warrants
- List the main types of warrants traded on the ASX
- List the main features of equity and index trading warrants
- Discuss the benefits and risks of buying an equity call or put warrant
- Differentiate between the main types of instalments
- Discuss the benefits and risks of instalments
- Identify the main influences on a warrant’s price
- Explain the role of the warrant issuer
- Recognise the type of warrant from its ASX code
- List the various ways an investor can acquire a warrant on the primary and secondary markets
- List the key obligations under ASX Rules and the Corporations Act in advising a client on warrants transactions
Who should attend the workshop?
This workshop is ideal for those who wish to acquire fundamental knowledge about the Australian warrants market.
Is there any assumed pre-requisite knowledge for attendees?
There is no assumed knowledge for participants of this workshop.
Will attendees receive any CPD points for attending the workshop?
Yes, all attendees will receive a CPD Certificate for four (4) hours (Generic, Securities, Managed Investments, Derivatives).
See CPD Calendar for other upcoming CPD Workshops