Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The Introduction to Warrants workshop provides 2 FASEA CPD hours to candidates. See breakdown for FASEA CPD areas:
|FASEA CPD area|
|Technical competence||2 hours|
|Total Hours||2 hours|
Can’t see this workshop on our CPD Calendar? We can run this workshop on an inhouse basis for any organisation at a date and time that works for them. Please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +61 2 8080 3200 to discuss date/time/cost.
This 2-hour workshop covers the main types of warrants traded on the ASX, with a particular focus on equity trading warrants and instalments. Basic warrant pricing will be discussed, and the role of the warrant issuer will be explained.
Practitioner Member: $220.00
Organisation Member: $240.00
The workshop is based on face-to-face learning and involves a mix of presentation, case studies and scenario-based discussion.
At the conclusion of the workshop, attendees should be able to:
- Explain the difference between trading and investment-type warrants
- List the main types of warrants traded on the ASX
- List the main features of equity and index trading warrants
- Discuss the benefits and risks of buying an equity call or put warrant
- Differentiate between the main types of instalments
- Discuss the benefits and risks of instalments
- Identify the main influences on a warrant’s price
- Explain the role of the warrant issuer
- Recognise the type of warrant from its ASX code
- List the various ways an investor can acquire a warrant on the primary and secondary markets
- List the key obligations under ASX Rules and the Corporations Act in advising a client on warrants transactions
Who should attend the workshop?
This workshop is ideal for those who wish to acquire fundamental knowledge about the Australian warrants market.
Is there any assumed pre-requisite knowledge for attendees?
There is no assumed knowledge for participants of this workshop.