The Market Manipulation & Other Prohibited Conduct workshop provides 3 FASEA CPD hours to candidates. See breakdown for FASEA CPD areas:
|FASEA CPD Area|
|Technical competence||1 hour|
|Regulatory compliance and consumer protection||1 hour|
|Professionalism and ethics||1 hour|
|Total Hours||3 hours|
Find out what Market Manipulation & Other Prohibited Conduct is all about.
This action-packed 3 hour workshop will examine what constitutes market manipulation and other prohibited market conduct. This workshop will involve a mix of presentation and scenario-based discussion. It is designed to suit the needs of financial market professionals from the front and back office.
Attendees will walk away with a solid understanding of the following:
- Different types of market manipulation (including: market rigging, false trading, wash sales, pre-arranged trading, pools/churning, ‘spoofing’)
- False/misleading statements, ‘rumourtrage’
- The specific obligations in the Corporations Act and ASX Rules
- The difference between manipulation and ordinary market forces
- How to protect yourself
- Major cases and ‘War Stories’
- Consequences of Market Manipulation, including civil, criminal and administrative sanctions
- Surveillance and enforcement activity (ASX, ASIC and internal compliance)
Practitioner Member: $330.00
Organisation Member: $365.00
Who should attend the workshop?
Each workshop will cover an in-depth examination of the relevant subject area, and will be suited to those who require them to have a detailed understanding of the subject area. This target audience may include: Sales staff/client representatives, Proprietary traders, DTRs, Equities Research analysts, Investment banking, Settlement staff, Compliance and Legal.
Is there any assumed pre-requisite knowledge for attendees?
There is no assumed knowledge for participants of this workshop.
Can’t see this this workshop on our public CPD Calendar? Or this date doesn’t work for you? We can run this workshop on an inhouse basis for any organisation at a date and time that works for them. Please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +61 2 8080 3200 to discuss date/time/cost.